Saturday, June 14, 2008

Can you believe it's our five year anniversary this year? We decided to celebrate with a bit of a facelift, sprucing up the outside of the shop and repainting and fixing up inside. I just signed the lease for another five years, so we'll be around bringing you the work of Toronto's most talented local designers for years to come, and helping to launch the careers of a lot more up and comers! Did you know close to 10 former members have gone on to open their own stores, in Toronto and elsewhere? Being part of Fresh Collective is a great way to build your business, develop your client base, grow your product range and work on your branding, all while learning what it takes to make a business and a store work. Working one day a week in the shop allows the designers access to their customers. It's invaluable market research to see what people are buying and why, and to be able to respond to that in what new products you design. As well, working only one day a week in the shop allows us all time to work in our studios, to raise families and to work part-time jobs. I love my store and the designers I work with! It's such an energizing, creative environment! If you're a designer, come on in and talk to us about joining our group. We always welcome new members, and love to see what people are making!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lara-Jean

    My name is Kim Montgomery. I recently came across your blog. I love your store! And it's nice to see that you are promoting your fashions via blog... it's a great way to get more PR.

    Anyways the reason I'm writing is, I work for Matchstick Marketing, a hip market-research/ promotions company that spreads "word-of-mouth" marketing for our various clients. The campaign I'm currently working on is looking for young, chic, fashionistas like yourself! Most importantly, I'm on the hunt for women who write popular blogs that discuss topics like lifestyle, fashion, health & beauty and savvy current events, with the hopes that they'd be willing to participate in a short study about feminine beauty & hygiene products.

    The survey wouldn't take too much of your time. I'd love to get the chance to connect with you and get your valuable feedback!

    Please feel free to email me at kim@matchstick.ca and you can let me know if you're interested in participating in the study and how best to get in contact with you!

    Thanks in advance,

    ReplyDelete